Thursday, February 6, 2014

Catching Up: Celebrations and Special Occasions


In my continuing effort to catch up my blog posts, this one will feature cookies I've made for celebrations and other special occasions over the past few months.   

First up, some "it's a girl" cookies for a gender reveal party.   Malia asked me to make pink hearts that said "it's a girl" . . . and left the rest to me.  I did some googling and found the incredible Melonheadz blog with tons of clipart.  I used some of her art to make these whimsical cookies!  They made adorable party favors.









These cookies were for a trio of siblings who were all baptized on the same day.







Now for an entirely different type of celebration, this platter was for a group of young women who gathered to celebrate Abby's upcoming wedding!  I had fun making the lingerie and Chippendales cookies following a great Sugarbelle tutorial. 


I also sent along a little gift platter for the bride and groom.


My friend Sabrina asked me to make a platter to share at a retirement celebration for a long-time employee at the hotel where she works.  I had fun trying a variety of techniques with this one - detailed piping, airbrushing, and "quilting".


Finally, this platter was for an eye doctors office during National Eye Care Professionals week. I loved making this one!

1 comment:

  1. You've been busy! I love them all. The abs are hilarious and the eyes are creepy in a cool kind of way!

    ReplyDelete

have something to say?? tell me :)